Thursday, December 1, 2011

Pretty in Patchwork: Holidays

So remember a few days ago when I said I had some news to share but I needed photographic evidence? Well I've got it and...I'm in a book and stuff...


Yup, that's right! Awhile back John asked me if I'd like to contribute to a book he was writing - of course I said yes! The result of this is the above book Pretty in Patchwork: Holidays! It is currently available as an e-book and will be released in print in the summer of 2012...which means that I will of course be blogging about it again when that happens! The book is full of really amazing projects and designers (I'm sure you will recognize most if not all of them) - contrary to what you might think not all of the projects are Christmas-related... there are also projects for Hanukkah and Thanksgiving as well as variations for even more.


This is the project that I designed for the book - the Countdown-to-Christmas Advent Calender! The tree is made using paper pieced hexagons and the letters are stamped onto the fabric using number stamps and an ink pad suitable for fabric. The pockets are just big enough for a small toy or small chocolate and are very simple to make.

Jeni (who also had a super-cute bunting project in the book) has already actually made a variation on my pattern and blogged about it - it's so awesome! You  can buy the e-book here if you'd like and one neat feature is that you can actually flip through the whole book before buying and see all the project - did I mention there over 30 of them?!

Geez guys, I'm so excited! It's so awesome to finally see it and I know I'll be even more excited when the print version comes out - you can be guaranteed there will be some goofy picture of me holding it in a bookstore (I mean, really, have you guys seen the pictures of me from Quilt Market with the Sample Spree sign?)! So what do y'all think?

11 comments:

  1. I think it's really exciting and your project is awesome! I'm not surprised that it's the very first project I've seen someone make from the book. : )

    Thanks again for being part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Kaye! Loved your project :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations! I have been wanting to make an advent calendar, and I think I just found the perfect one :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is one of my fav Miss Print projects. Way to go Kaye!!! I did the e-book flip through when John posted the other day and you are right, the projects are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute advent calendar, Kaye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your project! i've been looking for a beautiful and doable and stylish advent calendar all over and i think yours is the ticket! now, it's not gonna be this year, but thanks for the inspiration for next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats! You must be doing the happy dance! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How exciting Kaye - congrats! I bet your Mum is super excited too! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Kaye!! I'm so excited for you!! I can't wait to get this book! :)

    ReplyDelete